Saturday, September 22, 2018

Handmade Bears

While recouping from pacemaker and other health issues I made these 11 plus more June through July this year. (2018) 

Most of these bears have gone to family near and far. These bears are 5 inches tall if they could stand up. To make those tiny stitches on my bears I have to use magnifying glasses because I can't see the stitches without them. 

The graduate bear (below) was made for one of our granddaughters that graduated from her two year college this year.

The last bear (below) was made for my mother, I made her bear a dress and a red bow with white curls in her hair. (October 17, 2018 my mothers will celebrate her 93 birthday.)

It takes me 6-8 hours to cut-out and hand stitch the bears and longer if I make hand stitched clothing.

I've made a bunch of bears in the last 2 months. They consist of blue, red, purple, burgundy, grey, beige, teal, cream, medium brown and dark brown. 

Update: It's now August 10, I finished my last bear (No. 25) to give to my husband he wanted a blue bear and then I shipped out two bears one to Arkansas and and one to Wyoming. They were just like the first bear below. 



No comments: