Tuesday, April 13, 2021

My Body and Pain from 2006-2024

 Update 1-31-2024, still in pain in back, knees and legs, also still having migraine headaches. 

It's hard to feel inspired when you don't feel well all the time, it all seem to start when I was at a Michaels Craft Store in Norman, OK December 24, 2006, waiting to be checked-out, a young college girl opened up another register, she ask me to come over. Boy, was that a mistake. I saw her wipe the glitter on the floor in front of me. I paid for my items and started walking away from the register, I slipped down hard and feet came out from under me, I was down and also hit my head, the fall hurt my back real bad, two employees saw me fall and wouldn't help me up. The guy at register next to me had customers that saw me fall too. I wanted to call an ambulance but my husband said he was ready to go home and said if I could get up. A customers ask if I was in pain. It took me about 10 minutes to get off the floor. Hindsight I should have got their names and called the ambulance. We were two hours from home. I came home and went to bed. I called Michaels, they told me to get an MRI and they would pay for it, I got an MRI and called them a few days after Christmas, they said no one saw me fall. I still have the letter an arbitrator sent me saying Michaels wasn't responsible for my fall. Anywasy from that fall I have two bulging disk L 4 and L 5 and a pinched nerve. I've had shots in my back over the years following that fall. When I'm out and need to walk a lot I use a back brace. To this day, it hurts me to bend over to do dishes and get clothes out of washer and dryer. I've spent a lot of time laying around since I fell. If I over do it, or pick up something it irritates my back and I'm down again. They will only give you shots twice a year. I believe from that fall started my extreme headaches and migraines. 

Starting fall 2013, my legs started swelling, at times I couldn't walk. For eight months I took five different water pills, the last of May 2014, my doctor finally found a water pill that worked and told me I have venous insufficiency, venous stasis and stasis dermatitis and made an appointment to see a vein doctor. 

I was been diagnosed with Peripheral Neuropathy September 2013 and Degenerative arthropathy, also called degenerative joint disease, diagnosed with Osteoarthritis.  These are all very painful diseases. When I fell the first time I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis. The second time I fell didn't help, I was almost 6 ft tall when I graduated from High School, with the first fall, 2006 and second fall, 2017 I've lost height. I'm down 6 inches. The surgeon that operated on my back, 2017 said I have a tilt, he wanted to straighten my back from the fall I got at garage sale. 

On my first appointment, the vein doctor told me I needed endogenous ablation (ELT) treatments for varicose vein disease. He gave me the first four treatments, July 3 - August 11, 2014.
He said, typically patients are able to resume their normal daily activities immediately after their appointments, but for me it was very painful. He told me; I've done over 6,000 procedures on legs and you are the first person to have problems. These treatments were done while awake and only given a local shot where they make an incision in your leg for insert a fiber-optic rod. They use laser and ultrasound to kill the vein.

I didn't know until I started receiving sclerotherapy treatments on my lower legs with little needle near the skin that I had been allergic to the fluid they had been putting into my veins. My legs started swelling, September 23, 2014. I saw my regular doctor, he couldn't believe it when he saw my legs, I had to use a cane to walk. He diagnosed me with Thrombosis Phlebitis. I was in a great deal of pain.
 I should have known something was wrong since the deep vein treatments were so painful. At times I thought I was going to die. I spent most of my time in bed for 17 days.

December 8, 2014 was the first day I started feeling better from the treatments on my legs.

I've had eye problems, leg problems and feet and now just not feeling well.

The first day of 2014, I thought I was going blind, I couldn't see well. Out of the corner of my eyes was the only way I could see. (I never gave the thought it was cataracts, I'm wondering if the fall I took at Craft store might have done damage to my eyes.)
The end of April I went to our eye doctor, he gave me an eye test and took a laser photo of both eyes. He said I needed eye surgery. I choose LenSx blade free cataract surgery. This procedure was extra $$ for each eye from what medicare pays. Before surgery I went to Triad Eye Medical Clinic in Tulsa, we were there 3 hours for test. May 14, I had my first surgery. I can see clear from one eye and waiting June 18 to have my second surgery. My only regret, I choose near when they asked if I wanted to see near or far. I should have picked far. They didn't explain that near was close and not that far. 

July 2015:
 The doctor that does these shots says he doesn't like to see me in pain but he needs to give me more shots. When I had my 1 year appointment July 13, I didn't let him give me any shots.

 I'm wanting to get back to using my stamping supplies! 

I started having eye pain from all the headaches and migraines December 24, 2015. My sister told me where her husband goes down in Oklahoma City, I finally got in to see him, he suggested me taking Botox shots. I took two sets of Botox shots with no results, no medication helps.
I had Botox March 20 and July 17. 2017 hoping they would help my headaches.  My neurologist at Baptist hospital said the first shot of Botox might not help. Well, the second one didn't help either.
He gave me around one hundred shots in my head and neck first time with a whole bottle of medication, the second time he only filled one needle full Botox with about 25 shots. I made the mistake telling them I didn't want anymore shots, he told me he couldn't help me any longer. I guess he only wanted to give me the expensive Botox and not help me with the migraines and headaches. 

An older neurologist doctor in our town told me I had several kind of headaches and migraines and my life is not going to get any better than it is right now. I got an MRI March 2016, my DR and neurologist thought i had something else wrong with me, a surgeon removed a piece of my left temple but that wasn't what was wrong with me. I was given a bunch of new medications. Nothing seem to help.

I started on a downward spin with Trigeminal Neuralgia December 2015 but wasn't diagnosed until March 2016. 
All those new medications and not feeling well kept me down most of the time. Early April we were over at my granddaughter house cleaning up outside. The wind was blowing hard that day. I came home and didn't feel well. My mother lives over 100 miles from us, she could tell in my voice I needed to go to the ER. I don't remember that, I don't remember going to the ER. I don't remember anything that day, or until I woke up April 15 and saw three angels near me. I watched them fly away and disappear. I guess it wasn't my time to leave this earth. 
I was having heart/asthma/pneumonia health issues April 10, 2016, I went into cardiac arrest and was given CPR, I was taken my ambulance to Oklahoma City and was on life support for 5 days. And then transferred to a rehab for 15 days. It rained many of the 15 days making my headaches and migraines really painful. 
What happened to me April 10, 2016 with my health and heart has affected my health.
I go to bed with pain and wake with pain in my head and in my back. My face on left side continues to be numb, my teeth hurts with TN and my head hurts constantly. I can't stand loud noise. Or kids! I didn't do much for 6 months. Doctors wanted to know why I'm still alive. Others would have died. The heart doctor put in a loop recorder. May 6 that year. 

Then moving into December 7, 8, and 9, 2017, I had a garage sale that took me a month to prepare. The last day of the sale, an old man came in around noon he was not steady on his feet carrying a cane, he stopped in the living room to buy some ornaments, he didn't come up to my table to purchase them, he pulled out his money and looked over at me. I got up to take his money and sat down. He picked up another item in the living room, and this time he pulled out his money again. I got up and tripped over an extension cord I had running to my cash drawer. I fell down hard hitting my right hip on some metal and plastic boxes near my table, I hit my  back and head on hardwood floor. It didn't knock me out but as I was laying down on the floor, the old man was standing on my hair, I ask him twice to get off my hair. Two nice ladies came up to help me, they ask him to get away from me. They took his money and took it to the cash register. They called my dear hubby to come help me. Dear hubby called our son, they both helped me off the floor. (yes, I know I should have called an ambulance.) Our son and hubby closed down my sale and I went to ER. This happened on Saturday, on Monday I went to my local doctor, he said you will feel better in 6 weeks, just take the pain medication and let it heal. I ask my pain doctor that gives me shots in my back for a surgeon that might help me. I went in to see the surgeon about three weeks after falling. He said he could have helped me sooner, if I had come in right after it happened. (Of course I didn't know him then)

On February 14, 2017 he operated on my back at T 12 with cement. I was put of Norco for pain.

I was still in chronic pain 7 weeks after surgery so I called the surgeon back and got an appointment April 5, he ordered X-rays, CT and MRI that day since we were two hours from home.

April 6, I stopped cold turkey taking Norco. It took a week to get over that medicine. I had been on Norco since I fell December 9. I didn't like having claw marks on my skin from the itchy feeling and I couldn't tell it was helping me any longer.
April 10, 2018 we drove back to Norman, OK to see the surgeon. He said I need surgery again on T10, and T11 and L-2 and L-3 with pins and screws in my back.He told me I couldn't bend over for a year with this surgery. 
I'm in pain 24/7 sitting while riding in a car, walking, standing, cooking, bending down and now trying to sleep. I haven't found anything that helps that I can take. I'm allergic to what others take for pain.

On Friday, April 19, 2018, I went to a Medtronic guy to check my loop recorder in my chest, he said you need a pacemaker. He took his records to my heart doctor across the hall, they gave me an appointment that same day to come back to see the heart doctor. She agreed with the medtronic guy and I needed a pacemaker, she said she will put it in soon. I got a pacemaker, 24 th of May 2018. 
I called the doctor that was going to operate on my back and told his office I had put my back surgery on hold.

 If I close my right eye and look at my computer it's a blur. With my new pacemaker, I'm suppose to stay a safe distance away from my computer. I might have to change to a larger print on my computer. 

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 I saw my eye doctor in our town, he tested my eyes for glasses because I was having trouble seeing. When he checked my left eye I couldn't see the screen, it was blue. He used a camera, he said it looks like fluid on the back on my eye. He didn't waste anytime and contacted a eye surgeon in Edmond, Ok so the next day, May 16 we drove down to see him. After filling out a bunch of papers, and then a bunch of photos on my eyes; the eye surgeon said he believed I had a stroke in my left eye when I was on life support April 10-15, 2016. He said; there is nothing they can do for my eye. In left eye, I see a blue blurry blob in the center and only see a little of the outer perimeter. When they had me looking at eye doctors screens, all I saw was a blue screen or fuzzy screen when I was supposed to see a hot air balloon or black dots. My right eye is 20/25, in my left eye 20/400. 
My eye doctor checked me a few months after I was on life support, 2015, each time he would say, let's wait a little longer till you get new glasses. 

Flower blooming, trees and weeds, causes my migraines and headaches worse. 


That time of the year with the weather changing makes the headaches especially bad with Trigeminal Neuralgia; I was diagnosed with that 2016 when I was having bad flashing light migraines and temple headaches. 

 June 11, 2018, I went back to my eye doctor to get glasses so I could drive when dear hubby has his pacemaker surgery. He ordered me new lenses for clear and sunglasses. On left eye, will be just a lens with no correction, on right eye will be a new lens to see better.

 January 2019; I've bought a long arm LED light to do my artwork. It hope it help to see. I don't feel like doing a lot of stamping like I did years ago.

July 2020; I saw another doctor from that same place in Edmond, Ok he was much nicer and said he thought he could help my eye. I had surgery. It might have helped at little, its still blurry right in the middle of my eye. My depth perception is off. I can't tell when I touch the paint brush to paper. To pull a hair out, I can't see where the hair is. Lot of times its closer than it looks. 


No comments: